Wednesday, March 15, 2006

A SIGN OF THE TIMES

.... On monday night as I was making the midnight dash across 5 west oakland blocks from the West Oakland BART station to the Park and Ride I came across a simply amazing vehicle (above). As a direct corallary to the Oakland rap scene's "Hyphy Movement" many people have been buying/ customizing their scrapers. The best definition of a scraper is "A bucket with dubs, knock, whistling pipes, tvs and dvd players, and all 4 doors open and hyphy cats in and out of the car like whaaa! primarily a buick or oldsmobile..... So on this cold, rainy, february night I came across a volvo scraper, simply amazing. I felt like the volvo demographic had been excluded from the hyphy movement, but I have been proven wrong. Enjoy!

P.S. I'm still working too long hours... so I'm still having trouble making frequent postings.

No comments: